How to be my friend:
1. Understand that I don’t like being friends. I like being really good friends. If you are not willing to put forth effort into this friendship, I will not put forth effort either.
2. Contradicting with the statement above, I tend to forget or misunderstand how committed you are. Being an anxious person, I assume that everyone is just out there to get me or attack me.
3. Show me that you are not going to hurt me. Show me that you understand my mental disorder and show me that you’re willing to stand by me when I do break down.
4. Remember small details about me. I fall for that kind of stuff.
5. I really do enjoy long talks and/or deep conversations. Small talk scares me and it makes my skin itch.
6. I honestly don’t say much. I have nothing to talk about really. But if you do, that’s perfect. I will chime in with my two cents here and there.
7. If I do talk a storm, congrats, that means I trust you wholly.
8. Once getting close to me, please maintain it. If you just disappear, I will take it that you don’t want to be a part of my life anymore. This separation honestly scares me.
More tips: I like adventures. I may be scared as hell, but if you have a plan for that day, I’m willing to go too.
Have a conversation about my anxiety. Who knows, you may save me from going to the hospital.
Last tip: I love ever so deeply and quickly. That is why I have so many walls.